Today we celebrated the dedication of the first new building built in over 40 years on the Immaculate Conception Campus, located in the heart of Midtown Memphis on Central Ave.
During the welcome ceremony, Mr. Don Donati thanked the design team and the contractors for delivering the project on time and within budget!
Fr. Val Handwerker commended IC Alum & Project Director, Rebecca Conrad and the design team (Amanda Whitaker, Jim Davis, & Tava Frazier) for designing an innovative space that has exceeded all expectations and truly enhanced the school & church in a meaningful way.
Bishop Terry Steib blessed the new building that is now home to the school's Early Childhood Center, Art Room, Admin offices, and meeting rooms, as well as the state-of-the-art Library & Technology center.
The Cathedral Center connects all floors of the existing 3-story, 1922 Neo-classical elementary school, providing much needed elevator access and bathrooms. The exterior design, clad in the campus’ signature yellow brick with pre-cast detailing, complements the existing campus architecture, as well as the bungalow architecture of the surrounding neighborhoods.
Read more about the dedication: http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2016/08/08/iccs-dedicates-4-million-early-childhood-center.html